Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Haha Moment.

All my life, even when I was very young, all I wanted to do was to make people around me laugh. It eases the tension. And definitely helped when I was younger, and everyone thought I was a snob. I firmly believed and still believe that "A Haha Moment" will win you the biggest battles. In college, that world was moots, and well to some extent, now I guess, recruitment also.

Somehow, funnily enough (what a strange expression to use for this particular post), I think the Haha moment has somehow lost its charm for me though. Cynical. That's what I've become.

An awkward moment
But your presence of mind
Catching them off guard
And you flash your teeth; I'll flash that smile.

In this cruel, cruel world though
Take a step back, for the situation to be reviewed
Were they laughing with,
Or were they laughing at you?

1 comment:

uncle oswald said...

think you're wise....HAAAIIIIIIIIN!!??