Yesterday, however a member of my family who blogs said something that made a lot of sense to me. She asked me why I never let her read my blog. And I said, "It's personal." And pat came the reply, "What do you mean by a 'personal blog'? It's up there for the whole world to see."
-----
- My biggest strength.
- Someone who will believe in me when the rest of the world sees no logic in what I do.
- For our constant fights that end as quickly as they start.
- For understanding I am moody and letting me just be when I am being difficult.
- For the rasam rice, beans curry, omlette, pastas, kesari, ambat, chicken, rava dosa, kozakatthai, paneer, risotto and every other yummy dish you're willing to spend hours learning for me.
- For always maintaining I am your favourite with no logic for how that doesn't mean Saka is not.
- For continuing to assure me I am not spoilt while the rest of the world insists I am.
- For being my insomnia buddy and spending mindless hours in front of respective laptops and considering it "quality time".
- For being the most active lazy person I know.
- For telling me that I don't need to swear to get my point across.
- For constantly telling me to lose weight (even if I don't listen).
- For making sure I studied even though I didn't want to and always believing I had more potential than I think I possess even now.
- For teaching me that diplomacy is far better than unwanted confrontation.
- For sensing something is wrong with either Saka or I and giving us advice on dealing with family and friends even if we don't tell you what it is.
- For taking my side whether I am right or wrong- and only in private tell me that you didn't truly agree with what I did, but know that it was my decision to make.
- For putting up with my channel surfing and the occasional (fine, frequent) reality show.
- For entering my room stealthily in the morning to sleep for the 5 minutes that you can't snooze in your own room.
- For taking care of us every time we fall ill even when it involves a difficult patient or a whiney one.
- For not letting me buy the soft toys I wanted as a child (I hate them now. What would I have done with them?).
- For posing for my camera even if not always appreciated.
- For teaching me values such as integrity and patience, even if they are not as well learnt as one might have liked.
- For never letting me skip work even if I was mildly unwell- making sure that my work ethic was as strong as yours, Appa's and Ajja's.
- For the unforgettable funny moments when you can't tell us a funny story because you laugh too hard, turn red and have tears running down your cheeks.
- For letting me know that the sarees of yours that I like are mine to keep. :)
- For just being there. Always.
This post is for you Ma. I still won't let you read my blog- it is still personal. But for a public proclamation of how much you mean to me, something which I have many-a-time shelved away in my drafts folder.
3 comments:
IPKat (found at ipkitten.blogspot.com - yes, I am a nerd) brought to my notice this decision today:
"...a pseudonymous blogger has failed in his attempt to prevent his real identity from being revealed....(nightjack.wordpress.com).... The judge in this case, Mr Justice Eady, determined that the claimant had no reasonable expectation of privacy "because blogging is essentially a public rather than private activity".
Haha. Coincidence? I think not.
you should try and write on sundays if you have time for yourself that is. long time no words. from anyone actually.
its too soon to die, and not without a shout atleast. you haven't even posted on spicyip in a while.
La, I havent read ur blog for a while.am now..u are a sweety! did u write this post only coz ur amma saw mine and insisted u write one!?:) u shud write more regularly..
Post a Comment