Sunday, July 18, 2010

Auto ride musings


I think I'm going to buy an auto.

Why you ask me?

It's cheaper than a car.
Not so difficult to find parking for.
I could get someone to drive it for me.

And when I've reached my destination, it could go around picking up other passengers. The driver can then take 65% of the money he's made during that time, and has only to pay for fuel.

The auto can have a really cool accurate meter which gives you an electronic bill at the end of your journey-- so that both the driver and I can keep track of accounts etc. (The alternate to that being bugging the damn vehicle).

It would also especially hang around near the High Court and Supreme Court, where usually for some reason the other auto drivers treat you like the plague.

And I'll paint it purple and blue. Or blue and green. Because that's cool.

Now all I need to do:
a. Find out how much it really costs.
b. Organise the papers I need to get in order to get a license for an auto.
c. Find an honest auto driver dude. To drive it for me.

And I'm set.

The use of autos as a daily means of transport inevitably will lead to bankruptcy.

1 comment: