Friday, November 2, 2012

Long distance relationships

When people say they are in a long distance relationship, they usually are referring to their relationship with their significant other. In my world, when I say I am in a long distance relationship I refer to all my relationships.

I miss being around my family, my friends and my boyfriend. I miss being at home, walking down a street past people I can relate to, languages I can understand, names I can pronounce and having brunch with my friends. I miss being able to walk into my house and be by myself in my room or watch Masterchef with my flatmates who just happen to be two of my best friends.

I miss being able to call up Oswald and tell him that I'm outside his door.

I miss having people I can depend on physically around me no matter what.

I miss getting a hug.

I hate being so far away.