Count it down to the end
In ways and a meaning it did intend
You know who you are my lucky friend
You know who you are, even if you pretend
You may not read,
But for you it has been written
To some, God Speed
To the other, the end
The end.
IIn ways and a meaning it did intend
You know who you are my lucky friend
You know who you are, even if you pretend
You may not read,
But for you it has been written
To some, God Speed
To the other, the end
The end.
Those promises,
They were all in your head.
If I turned around and said.
II
If I asked you for a favourTo leave me alone
For now and ever
Would it be too much
If I turned around and said?
I
If time was not to healThe wounds self inflicted
If time was not to heal
The wounds, as predicted.
If time was not to heal
If I was just to ask
If I just turned around and said,
Would you,
Would you take me to be dead?
Would you not question why
The answers would hurt
And tired I am of the lies
If I turned around and begged.
If I needed to think
Without you, without them,
Without all of the options easy, the tough
The necessary, but much too rough
Would you,
Would you not question why?
I cannot, I cannot live this lie.
If you turned around first,
And did not find me there.
If I did not want you to look,
Would you hear my silent prayer?
II
If I turned the other directionAnd left you in a moment of despair
Where your need for me,
Did not outweigh my need to be
Would you understand, my friend,
That I can no longer pretend?
III
Last, if I turned and saw you thereAnd watch you hurt yourself
I no longer care
I am tired of the easy, the stupid, the risky, the pretense
Go now, leave me too
I am far too good, far far too good,
Only for you.
(*Drafts Closet*)
No comments:
Post a Comment