Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Slave 1095. Diary entry- 1.

How does this work then?
You talk incessantly and I pretend?

To care about work, cases, filing, correspondence
On my face evident the despondence

Bothering not, bravely dare he mention?
"S 134, briefing the boss, arranging bags
(Oh no, I forgot that early hearing application)."

Minutes fly by, hours droll on
Week into months, fast becoming aeons.

I have become thy slave
Yet venturing into the litigation area,
I continue down this path brave

Suddenly.
I stop.

Silence. That's odd.
No cursory nod?
No "Hello, c'mon over, there's new case- what joy!
Come on, let's see how to tackle this bad boy"

But silence
It continues.

Has he left early today?
Can it be?
Did he perchance notice my misery?

Look around, double check,
Just in case.
He's left for the day!
The Lord be praised!

Hallelujah!
An ungainly jig follows soon after
They onlookers, well, look on
From a corner, there's stifled laughter

Drat, I knew it was too soon
"I went for my half hourly smoke,
Where were you?
It's way past noon"

Back to work, woe betold
And she continues to be young,
On her way to becoming far too old.

1 comment:

rorschach said...

you must mix something in the bugger's drink. insist. if not poison the copious amounts of laxative???

really enjoyed the poem btw. beware lest thine devil becomes thine muse :)