The past year has whizzed by again. Goodbye 2009, hello new decade! (yikes)
In a break from tradition, this year I shall make New Year's resolutions and am putting it up for the world to see, in the hope (since this is the only way it works for me) that when everyone knows I have set out to do something, they can keep tabs- please noone keep tabs. I'm not that important anyhow. Under the three pronged strategy WWF (Work, Weight, Furnishing), this is how 2010 shall be enjoyed. In a resolute manner.
1. Work
- I shalt not whine about work.. unnecessarily.
- I shalt not carry work home. Will finish work at the office to make the home environment one of peace and tranquility.
- I shalt iron clothes (without creases to work) daily.
- I shalt not be afraid of courtroom appearances and want to appear more often.
- I shalt display more patience in dealing with creatures of the Boss-kind, and allow them their eccentricities as they do me.
2. Weight
- Enough is enough. I declare that 2010 is the year of the weight loss. 5 kgs people (not much to start off with, but it's what I've been telling myself for years).
- I shall make it a point to be active and eat healthy, and *gulp* exercise.
- Binges shall be met with strict punishment the next morning. Occasional binges (read twice a month) are acceptable.
- I shall pick an item of clothing I want to buy (I already know what it is) and strive to buy it when I achieve target.
3. Furnishing
- I will make my house look lovely, if it is the last thing I do. I can no longer wait for my landlady, or find excuses for not putting up anything on the walls or in my room.
- I will make my house become my home. It shall be warm and cosy and it shall be the pride and joy of my umm.. Punjabi locality.
There we go. 2009, you were lovely- you really were- while you lasted. You had your weird moments, and moments of regret and self doubt and irresponsibility and recklessness.
But 2010, oh 2010. You and I- we're going to be good friends. So here's to happiness and forgetting the year gone by. Hello world! Happy New Year!
1 comment:
You already are the pride and joy of all things punjabi.
Post a Comment